Antonietta “Toni” Gonzalez-Collins is a Mexican-American journalist and host of the ESPN program “Sports Center.” She is the daughter of the famous Mexican journalist and writer María Antonio Collins. When she visited her sister in Canton, Ohio, who was in high school, she found out that she was calling the Union Mountain University campus and would eventually pursue media research. She is a working student and after graduation, she started working as a production assistant in Miami. Later, she reported for the CBS Sports Broadcasting subsidiary in St. Petersburg, Florida, reporting on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the University of South Florida football team.
She boarded her first flight on Univision’s Noticias 48 / FOX2, which is a bilingual news station in McAllen, Texas in 2011. In 2013, ESPN hired her as part of their digital team. Within three years, she became one of the hosts of the hit performance show Sportcenter.
Antonietta “Toni” Gonzalez-Collins
Date of Birth:-
November 22nd 1985
Mexico City, Mexico
- Antonietta Collins has been bilingual since the age of nine, this helpful skill helped her land her first job as a production assistant at Univision in Miami, which gave her the opportunity to work with a national television producer. (Like Nuestra Belleza Latina, Premios Lo Nuestro, Premios Juventud and Primer Impacto. Since then, the CBS St. Petersburg branch has hired her as a sports reporter.
- In 2009, she moved to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas to work as a news reporter for the Spanish-language channels KNVO TV 48 Univision and Fox2 News. She reports immigration and drug trafficking stories on both sides of the Texas-Mexico border and is a reporter at 5 pm. Spanish News Broadcasting, reporter, later became the host of English News at 9pm, and there was a correspondent for Spanish News Broadcasting again at 10pm. You are often asked to fill in the sports and weather anchors.
- He then anchored and reported to Deportes 23, Univision’s Dallas subsidiary, where he assumed more responsibilities. He has performed in the ALDS, ALCS and the Major League Baseball World Series, Dallas Cowboys, NBA Playoffs and Finals, FC Dallas, and Dallas Stars. In addition, she also produced the local sports program Acción Deportiva Extra on Univision 23 and acted as a host herself. She was promoted to sports presenter for the morning show Deportes Despierta América. In the same capacity, he served as a magazine program for the “Primer Impacto” network and as a Sports Contact for UniMas Network.
- In September 2013, ESPN called and was ready to answer the call. Initially, ESPN.com was part of the digital media team, responsible for anchoring news and analyzing video clips in each sports category, then its role in the network increased, involving corporate reports and prominent interviews. Prior to joining the reorganized Sportscenter morning show in February 2016, she hosted “Tonight’s Baseball Game” on ESPN’s broadcast show and hosted the Spanish-language show “OneNACIÓN.”
- Antonietta Collins’ parents originally came from Veracruz, Mexico. At some point they moved to Mexico City, where she was born on November 22, 1985. She has an older sister. In 1992, the family left Mexico for the United States to settle in Miami. Her parents divorced shortly after. In 1995, her mother married a naval architect named Fabio Fajardo, who died of kidney cancer in 2006.
- It was during a summer vacation that she lived with her sister in Canton, Ohio, where Collins’ older girl found work. Antonita was still in high school, but had a clear idea of her life, she went to Mount Union University to assess whether it suited her needs. It turns out that she really likes the campus and they are offering her the specialty she wants. He completed his studies and entered university to study media studies.
- She has established a long-term cooperative relationship with Professor Mark Bergmann, manager of WRMU 91.1 FM, and she is also one of them. He inspired her self-confidence and his enthusiasm for the news deeply influenced her, but instead, she strove to meet her expectations and never let him down.
- She knows very well the value of extracurricular hands-on experience, for this reason, she is also a college student and has interned for the Cleveland Cavaliers and the CHL Youngstown SteelHounds minor league hockey team. In the end, this led her to interview the players before and after the game, which was her first photographic experience. He graduated from sports management and media studies.
- Due to her dual citizenship, she was included in the Mexican National Women’s Under-19 Soccer Team.
As per some reliable sources, the official net worth of Antonietta Collins is in-between 2 million to 3 million dollars. This is the net worth she has earned from her career as a news anchor.
Information about the family of Antoniatte Collins is as follows.
Antonietta Collins’ mother divorced her biological father and married a naval architect by the name of Fabio Fajardo. He died back in 2006 due to kidney disease.
Her mother’s name is María Antonietta Collins, who lived in Mexico after her divorce.
She has an elder sibling but her name is not known but she lives in Canton, Ohio.
She has no children yet.
Relationships & Affairs:-
Antonietta Collins is known to live a private life and any information about her love life is also private.