Colin Rand Kaepernick is a professional American football quarterback. As a child, he became interested in soccer, baseball, and basketball, participated in the three major sports in the United States, and achieved great success. He began playing soccer at the age of eight, before being considered a defensive end and a punter in the youth soccer league. A year later, he became the team’s quarterback and passed the ball for the first time on a long touchdown. He’s also included on the high school baseball team, as a pitcher, he can shoot 94 miles per hour of fastball.
In the game of basketball, he led the team to the high school state championship playoffs. Although he earned most of his high school honors in baseball games, Kaepernick insisted on playing football in college. He attended the University of Nevada, Reno, and participated in their “Nevada Wolves Football” program. He’s the backup quarterback for the “San Francisco 49ers.” At the age of 25, he played a major role in the 49th World Championship, helping him move up to the NFC championship. In 2016, he protested his alleged oppression of the non-white race in the United States and was praised and criticized.
Colin Rand Kaepernick
American Football Quarterback
Date of Birth:-
November 3rd 1987
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- Despite his outstanding performance on the court, Colin Kaepernick has little interest in the National Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) plan. One reason is his size in his senior year – he’s 6 feet 5 inches tall, but weighs only 170 pounds.
- Even Nevada, the only university to offer him a soccer scholarship, was tentative because he feared he would one day leave the program to participate in a baseball game. In the end, Kaepernick accepted Nevada’s offer and signed it in February 2006.
- The Major League Baseball website lists him as one of the prospects for a starting salary for the class of 2006. As a junior college student, he was selected by the Chicago Cubs in the 43rd round of the 2009 Major League Draft. , but decided to stay in Nevada and continue playing soccer.
- As a freshman, he played a total of 11 games, scoring 19 passing touchdowns, 3 passing interceptions and 2,175 passing yards, with a passing efficiency rate of 150.8.
- In his second season, he was the only NCAA quarterback this year with more than 2,500 yards. Despite an ankle injury, he participated in the “Humanitarian Bowl” and set a record of 370 passing yards.
- In his third year, he organized the “Lobos” in the “2009 Hawaii Bowl”, but lost to the “SMU Mustang” of the “American Conference”. He is the first player in NCAA history to register for a consecutive 2,000 / 1,000-yard season.
- At the beginning of his senior year in high school, he was the first active college football player to land touchdowns. In December 2010, he received a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- The “San Francisco 49ers” selected him as the fourth overall pick in the second round of the “2011 NFL Draft.” On October 2 he made his debut in the victory over the Philadelphia Eagles. In his first season, as a backup to the team’s starting quarterback Alex Smith, he played three games.
- He scored for the first time in season two against the 49ers against the New York Jets. On November 19, he played a key role in the team’s 32-7 victory at quarterback against the “Chicago Bears” for the first time. In his first NFL playoff game, Kaepernick defeated the “Green Bay Packers” and rushed for a record 181 yards.
- In 2015, he was removed in favor of Blaine Gabbert. Sometime in November, he injured his left shoulder. He had to rest every season for surgery and recovery.
- In the 2016 season, he participated in 12 games, scoring 16 touchdown passes and 4 interceptions.
- Colin Kaepernick was photographed during the preseason season 3 of the US 49ers National Anthem on August 26, 2016. This quiet and subtle move has garnered national attention.
- Some of his teammates, NFL colleagues, and athletes from other sports also participated in the protest. He received the same insult and was voted the “least favorite” player in the NFL in a fan vote in 2016. He also told reporters that he had received death threats.
- He has been a free agent since retiring from his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in early 2017.
- Colin Kaepernick led Pittman to his first playoff victory and won the “MVP” award at the 2005 “California Conference”.
- He was a two-time statewide baseball pitcher in California.
- He won the “Offensive Player of the Year” award twice in 2008 and 2010.
- In 2008, he was the MVP of the “Humanitarian Bowl”.
- Kaepernick believes in religion. As a believer in Lutheranism, his beliefs are recorded in his collection of upper body art, including the Bible verses, Psalm 18:39, placed on his right shoulder.
- Colin Kaepernick was born on November 3, 1987 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. His mother was named Heidi Russo, a 19-year-old white girl and an unknown African-American father.
- Due to celibacy and poverty, Russo had to place him as an adopter. Colin was shortly adopted by a white couple, Rick and Teresa Kaepernick and at that time he was only five weeks old. Through these parents, he has an older brother, Kyle, and a younger sister, Devon.
- He grew up in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, and later moved with his family to Turlock, California at the age of four.
- He was educated at John H. Pitman High School. Kaepernick is also a 4.0 GPA student and has been nominated as the top candidate in the state in all three years of his sports performance in soccer, basketball, and baseball. He graduated from high school in 2006.
Colin Kaepernick was with the NFL team San Francisco 49ers for nearly 6 seasons and helped them win a Super Bowl. Following his protest for racial dissociation, he was fired from the team and no other team hired him. Despite not being a part of any team since 2016 and working as a free agent, Colin Kaepernick net worth is around 20 million dollars.
Heidi Russo (biological mother)
Teresa Kaepernick (adoptive mother)
- Devon Kaepernick
- Kyle Kaepernick
He doesn’t have any children right now.
Relationships & Affairs:-
Colin Kaepernick has been in a serious relationship with Nessa Diab; a DJ for HOT 97 and MTV since July of 2015. Nessa is of Egyptian ancestry and was first seen with Colin Kaepernick back in 2016 during a fundraiser.