Chris Collinsworth is a former professional football player and sports broadcaster. Chris was born in Ohio, played football since high school and even became a national quarterback. He went to college on an athletic scholarship, participated in college football games, and was enlisted for the “Cincinnati Bengals” team upon graduation, where he spent a full 8-year career in the “National Football League (NFL).”
After retiring from the NFL, he switched to a new career in sports broadcasting. He is a television sports presenter for NBC, Showtime, and the NFL Network. He has won 15 sports Emmy Awards and is the owner of the sports statistics tracking service Pro Football Focus.
Anthony Cris Collinsworth
American Football Player
Date of Birth:-
January 27th 1959
Dayton, Ohio, USA
- Chris Collinsworth attended the “University of Florida” in Gainesville, Florida on an athletic scholarship. Chris is the senior captain of the “1980 Gators” and was named MVP of the “1980 Orange Bowl”. In 1981, he was inducted into the “Student Hall of Fame” by the “University of Florida”. In the same year, he graduated from college with a degree in accounting.
- The “Cincinnati Bengals” football team selected Chris Collinsworth in the second draft immediately upon graduation in 1981. He spent 8 years as a “Bengali” throughout his football career. In 1985, when he moved to the “Tampa Bay Bandits”, he injured his ankle, forcing him to return to the “Bengali” team, where he remained until he retired with back problems in 1988.
- After retiring, he began working as a sports radio talk show host for Cincinnati Television (WLW). Chris (Cris) joined NBC from 1990 to 1996, broadcast on NBC Sports, and joined NBC as a pregame show in 1996. In 1997, he won his first Emmy for this performance and won 15 more Emmy Awards during his career. During this period, in 1991, he returned to the University of Cincinnati College College to study law. He participated in the “1996 Altanta Olympic Games” as a track and field reporter, and this was the first time he participated in the broadcast of “Olympic Games”.
- NBC lost the broadcast rights to CBS in 1998, prompting Chris Collingsworth to switch to the “Fox NFL” television show. He is the show’s color commentator he supports commentators streaming one by one to fill the airtime. During “Fox”, he was a member of the television show “Guinness World Records Prime Time”. In 2002, he was appointed chief of broadcasting staff.
- From 2006 to 2008, he was a studio analyst and host of “Football Night Live” on “NBC,” and also appeared on “HBO” and “NFL Network.” He even co-hosted the “Super Bowl XLIII pregame show.”
- In the April 16, 2009 announcement, Chris Collinsworth became the co-host of “NBC Sunday Night Football” and will remain here in 2020.
- Cris Collinsworth became the main owner of the sports statistics tracking service “Pro Football Focus (PFF)” and bought its shares in 2014. He also participated in the 2014 Winter Olympics as a correspondent.
- Anthony Cris Collinsworth was born on January 27, 1959, in Dayton, Ohio.
- He is the son of educators Abraham and Donetta Collinsworth, and has a younger brother, Greg who died of cancer in 2004.
- In 1963, his family moved to Titusville, Florida. Chris went to his father’s school; “Astronaut High School” where he worked as principal. He started playing soccer and even became a quarterback in high school soccer.
- Chris Collinsworth has been married to attorney Holly Bankemper since June 3, 1989. They live in Fort Thomas, Kentucky and have 4 children and 1 grandchild.
- His two sons follow him for exercise. His son Austin is a former soccer player and captain of the University of Notre Dame, and his other son Jac is a special correspondent for the “ESPN” channel “Sunday NFL Countdown.”
Cris Collinsworth was a well-known wide receiver back in his days at the NFL. During his career, he led his team to many victories and was handsomely rewarded in terms of salary from his team. Following his retirement, he joined the sports industry as an announcer. as of this year, the net worth of Cris Collinsworth is around 16 million dollars.
Abraham Lincoln Collinsworth
Donetta Browning Collinsworth
- Greg Collinsworth
- Kyle Collinsworth
- Ashley Collinsworth
- Austin Collinsworth
- Jack Collinsworth
- Katie Collinsworth
Relationships & Affairs:-
Cris Collinsworth has a wonderful marriage with a female lawyer Holly Bankemper for more than 3 decades. They got married back in 1989 and have 4 children together.