The devices of Amazon powered by Alexa are able to perform a variety of things which are all driven by special apps which are called ‘Skills’. These Skills can make a person do things like the following.
- Playing games
- Listening to sounds
- Listening to the audio book
- Following the exercise routines
- Getting daily reminders for following the routines
If you are someone who got hr eight the then you can also do stuff like turning the house lights off and on, closing and opening the garage door, arming the home security system and even starting the car.
It is essentially same as downloading apps on a smartphone for downloading a skill on the Amazon Alex device. The process of downloading skills onto to your Amazon Alexa devices is really simple and easy.
In order to help you through this, we present a how-to guide for downloading skills on Amazon Alexa.
Downloading skills on Amazon Alexa:-
For example, you are having trouble with your sleeping and needs help then you can download the soothing sounds of oceans on your Alexa powered device. For that follow these down below steps.
- Open the smartphone and run the Alexa app on it. Tap on the icon for Menu located on top left corner of the screen and then tap on option “Skills & Games”.
- On this screen, user will see options which are titled as either Categories or Discover. Tap on the option to browse in the skills gallery. In case a user does not know what they want, they can tap the shape of the Magnifying Glass on screen’s top to bring up the search bar. Type in the thing you need like “Ocean Sounds”.
- If a user has decided on a particular skill, tap on the button titled “Enable to use” and this is it. Now only say the command “Alexa, open Ocean Sounds” and the sounds will start playing.
Enabling Amazon Alexa Skills on Desktop PC:-
Enabling a skill on a desktop PC is also really easy; you need follow only the few don below steps.
- Open the Alexa skill page on any of the browser and the page will present the ‘Categories’ on the left in a navigation bar. As for the already selected skills, they will appear on the main widow of the browser page. As for searching the new skills, use the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click on any skill that you wish to install and then hit on option ‘Enable’ and this is it.
There is also an option to install any skill with a command to Alexa. You only need to say ‘Alexa, Enable’ and then afterward add the name of a skill you wish to add. If you are stumped with what to install, then you can also ask the Alexa for presented some skill recommendations.