Whenever the Fitbit dies when a person wearing it is in the middle of a workout section, it can be a very frustrating thing to experience.
Batteries of devices tend to deteriorate over a certain period of times which is very unfortunate for any tech enthusiast. Still, there are a handful of changes that a person can make in the settings that one can change for getting as much juice out of their Fitbit battery as they can. For this, we give you a how-to guide for extending the battery life of Fitbit.
Switching to the simple watchface
The watchface of the Fitbit tends to impact the battery life of the device in a major way.
- First, make sure that the Fitbit app is already downloaded as well as paired with your Fitbit device.
- Open the Fitbit app and tap on the profile image located in the top left corner.
- Tap on the ion titled “Clock Face” and select the option “All Clocks”.
- From there the user will be able to browse all of the clock faces for the Fitbit device. A brighter watchface of the Fitbit tends to drain the battery much faster as well as those with animations or the ones that use the Wi-Fi. If a user does not know where to start, they should first try using the boring and dark looking watchface.
- Click on the “Select” option for the watchface that the user wants. The user might need to allow permissions for using the internet and option to run in the background processes before it can be installed.
- Once the device finishes downloading the watchface, the user needs to check on their screen of their Fitbit and the watch face will be there.
Turning off the notifications
For some users, getting a buzzer for every time a call or a text arrives might be convenient; it is still not for everyone. For extending the battery of the Fitbit device, user can turn off the notifications with following steps.
- Tap on the icon of Profile located in the app’s top-left corner.
- Select the device and then click on the option ‘Notifications”.
- After this, toggle the notification categories to taste.
- Now select the option “App Notifications” for blocking the notifications from all the apps that send the alerts to the phone like Messer or the Whatsapp.
Dimming the screen
A bright screen of a Fitbit device also drains a lot of battery so you can dim it by following these steps.
- On the screen of the device, swipe to the left until the option “Settings” is found. Select this option.
- Scroll to the option “Brightness” and then tap on the button to cycle the levels of brightness. Keep on tapping until the levels reach the “Dim”.
Turning off the Screen Wake
If the user has enabled the “Screen Wake” on their Fitbit device, then every time a user turns their wrist, the Fitbit will automatically start up. This feature might be cool but it drains a lot of battery too.
- From the Fitbit app, click on the icon of the profile.
- Select the device.
- Toggle the option “Quick View” to off.
Turning off the move reminders
For some people, Fitbit Reminders can be a great way to keep track of their activities on time, but if you are already on the schedule, you might need to turn these Reminders off.
- Open the Fitbit app and then tap on the profile icon located on the screen’s top-left corner.
- From there select your device.
- Tap on the option “Reminders to Move” and then toggle the option to ‘Off’.