Google Maps tend to send numerous notifications to its users and most specifically to its Android users.
Google Maps tends to send as much as 45 to 50 nitrifications on the Android phones and all of these notifications are turned on by default. Still many of these notifications are crucial for a user like keeping them in the know about their train schedule before they leave the home for work. Still, the majority of them are trivial ones and are downright annoying while stacking up in the user’s notification tray causing them to miss other of their important notifications.
As a note, we like to tell you guys that this problem does not seem to occur on iPhones but only tends to happen on the Android devices that use this navigation app.
While Google Maps lets the user turn off each of these notifications one by one, still there is a way to collectively filter all those annoying notifications on a device that runs on an Android 9 Pie version.
For our readers today, we have written down steps by step guide on how to turn off Google Maps’ notifications on their Android devices.
Steps to Turn off Notifications on any Smartphone running on Android:-
- Open Google Maps
- Tap on ‘Menu’ button located on the top left corner of the device’s screen
- Find the ‘Notifications’ and tap it
- Once there, the user will see each of the notifications categories. Ser must open each of them to deactivate its notification
Steps to Turn off Notifications on any Smartphone running on Android 9 Pie:-
- Long Press the icon of Google Maps on your device
- Tap the ‘i’ information button which will then take the user to the ‘App Info’ page
- Tap the ‘Notifications’ option
- Once there, the user will see notifications to be divided up in separate categories. They can scroll through these categories and then deactivate the whole sections of useless notifications.