James Roday is a well-known American actor, director, and screenwriter, best known for starring in the popular television series “Psychology.” When he registered with the Screen Actors Association of America, he changed his professional name from James David Rodríguez to James Roday, and discovered that another James Rodríguez already was registered with them.
After completing his studies at New York University’s Experimental Theater, she made her first on-screen appearance and soon began playing the lead role at age 20. However, he had to wait a few more years before his first big breakthrough. He was cast in the role of consulting detective and mock psychologist Sean Spencer in “Psych.” The series not only attracted people’s attention, but also stimulated their interest in directors and screenwriters. Roday is now busy working behind the camera, directing and writing scripts for multiple film and television jobs, as well as doing many other activities.
actor, director, and screenwriter
Date of Birth:-
April 4, 1976
San Antonio, Texas
- The career of James Roday began on stage; he has starred in “Three Sisters”, “Respectable Wedding” and “Serious Mistress”, etc. Although he later became a film actor, he remained in contact with the theater throughout his life. Most famously, he starred in “White Rabbit and Red Rabbit” in 2016.
- Roday (Roday) played a supporting role in the 1999 romantic comedy film “Coming Soon”, which was his debut. In the second half of that year, he also made his television debut, starring Vic in the crime series “Ryan Caulfield: First Grade.”
- His biggest breakthrough came a year later, when he was cast as Sean Spencer in the police comedy television series “Psych”.
- “Psych” aired for eight consecutive seasons, which made it very popular with audiences. At the same time, he continues to appear in other works such as “Fear of Yourself” (2008), “Ghana” (2009), “Love Bites” (2011) and “Mr.” “Return” (2013). In addition, he also participated in the 2011 “WWE Strong Enough” and the 2012 “WWE Raw Super Show”.
- Roday began directing, producing, and occasionally writing screenplays for “Psyche.” Since then, he has continued to write and direct numerous works, such as “Shooting the Moon” (2014), “Quest For the truth” (2015), “Gravy” (2015), “Rosewood” (2015 to 2016), “Rush Hour ( 2016), etc.
- In 2017, he reprized the role of Shawn Spencer, as a writer and executive producer on “Mind: The Movie.” He wrote, produced, and performed “Psyche, Movie 2” again in 2019.
- Currently, he plays the role of Gary Méndez in “A Million Little Things.” His other film and television credits in the late 2010s include “Fortune Rookie” (2018), “Friends Game” (2019) and “Madman” (2019). During this period, his directing career included “Bloody Avenue”, “Resident” and “Into the Darkness”.
- James Roday was born in San Antonio, Texas on April 4, 1976, as James David Rodríguez. His father Jaime Rodríguez (Jaime Rodríguez) is a retired Air Force Major General, he is Mexican. His mother Irene Rodríguez (Irene Rodríguez) is British. From his father’s second marriage, he had a half sister named Lisette Rodríguez.
- One day when James Roday was in fifth grade, he saw Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” music video. His inspiration was so great that he told his father that one day he would become an actor. His parents realized that he was serious, so they enrolled him in piano and singing lessons.
- James Roday also wanted to be a soccer player and served as a quarterback in high school. When he realized that he would never get to be tall due to his Mexican heritage, he had to give up his sporting ambitions, which could hamper his career.
- In 1994, he graduated from William Howard Taft High School in San Antonio. Subsequently, he joined the experimental theater of the Tisch School of Art at “New York University”, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1997.
- During college, he was the lead singer and keyboard player for the band “Dogberry” and recorded the single “24 Hours.” He also participated in countless talent shows, but never failed.
James Roday’s most famous work is “Psych”, a popular detective comedy series that aired on the American television network from July 7, 2006 to March 26, 2014. Its characteristics not only made it a name family, but also caused numerous fan clubs across the country.
Considering this long career in the entertainment industry, we can say that James Roday has a successful acting career and it is very much likely that he has earned a substantial net worth. As of 2020, the reported net worth of James Roday is 10 million dollars.
Information about family of James Roday is as follows.
His father’s name Is Jaime Rodriguez who was of the Mexican descent. His father is the retired Air Force Master Sergeant.
His mother’s name is Irene Rodriguez and she is of the British descent.
He only has one sibling and that too from his father’s first marriage. She is Jams Roday’s half sister and her name is Lisette Rodriguez.
He has no children yet.
Relationships & Affairs:-
There is only one known relationship of James Roday that has been in the media limelight and that too was with his Psych days co-star; Maggie Lawson. They were a couple from 2006 till 2013. As for the reason they broke off with each other, it still remains a mystery. As for current relationship status, James is currently not seeing anyone.