Susan Mikula Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we bring to you one of the famous American Photographers and artist. The name of said photographer slash artist is Susan Mikula. Photography is not the only thing that got Susan famous. She is actually the life partner for the famous Rachel Maddow as well who happens to be one of the renowned TV hosts, political commentators and authors in America. Susan was not always a photographer. You will be surprised to know that she actually worked most of her life as an accountant at a firm all the while her work being portrayed at group shows.
Before even starting as solo exhibitionist, Susan also was serving time as an Art Jury until 1998. Unlike many of the photographers of today, Susan took start of her photography career later in life. She started doing photography in 2007 with help of Polaroid Cameras and instant films. She is one of the few remaining photographers who prefer working with natural light instead of doing Cropping and other modern image manipulation techniques. The critics love her work as an ambiguous art form related to landscape photography.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
Susan is currently 62 years old. Being born in America, she belongs to white ethnicity. Even at such an old age, Susan looks absolutely gorgeous. Yes she has put on little pounds over the years but this is what you expect when you reach at such an age. She currently weighs around 80 kg on a body height of about 5.5 feet. She ahs that simplistic smile plastered always on her face that makes her look all the more adorable.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
The information regarding the career as well as some of the personal life of Susan Mikula is as follows.
- Susan Mikula is unlike the modern photographers. She actually did not receive any formal photography education. She is a self taught photographer who chose her own photography medium and learned all the mechanics of the art herself.
- After leaning the art in such manner she is actually able to free herself from the restraints that conventional artists often face.
- According to Susan herself, her life mostly as an artist has allowed to creatively think out of the box. Like the mathematics of accounting, she sees everything being dissected into minute parts right down to their very essence.
- The main reason for her popularity is that instead of modern day photography ethnology, Mikula actually make use of the Polaroid cameras and instant films.
- Another reason for her photos to be one of a kind is the attention she gives to each project. Before shooting, Susan personally checks the cameras and the films to be in utmost conditions.
- Her shots are taken without use of nay artificial lights and then she uses those Polaroid shots to be printed upon large canvases.
- In 2006, Mikula introduced her artwork under the title of “9 Portraits”. For this exhibition, she actually made use of 9 feet high industrial meshes for the printing of her Polaroid photos. These panels were hung from the ceiling at the 4-H Exhibition Hall located in Northampton Fairgrounds.
- Her very first book under the title “Susan Mikula: Photographs”, was published back in 2008.
- Other than that she has also published the following catalogues
- American Breakbulb # 13
- American Device # 49
- American Vale # 17
- Mikula also published a book with name “American Bond” which features her photographs that depicts the abandoned industrial sites across USA.
- Mikula also recently featured an exhibition in which she depicted the cave paintings of France. The name of this series of photographs is called “u.X”.
- In 2007, due to her superior art expertise, Mikula was hired by US Consulate. Her work was to do some specific work related to Art in Embassies Program. She did the work for the US consulate in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
Date of Birth:-
New Jersey, USA
Some of the facts about life of Susan Mikula are as follows.
- Mikula was born in New Jersey but which part is not known. However it is known that she was actually residing in the urban part of the city for better part of her early life.
- After some time, she and her family moved a town named New Hampshire.
- Since the young age she showed passion in arts. Thus she actually she joined the Hampshire College in Amherst, Massachusetts. She got her bachelor’s degree in Color Theory.
- Maddy and Susan met each other back in 1999. Maddy was doing her doctoral at the time and had just hired Susan to do some work on her yard.
- Soon the hit it off and as Maddy tells it, “A meeting of Desperate Housewives”.
- Susan and Maddy are now together for more than 18 years. They are cruelty maintaining their residence in both Berkshires and New York from time to time.
Mikula has been in the art world now for nearly two decades. She is a respectable artist and photographers who has been hired by US Consulate to do their work of art too. This is enough of a testament to her skills. As far as her net worth is concerned she has not actually revealed any actual figure but considering her successful career, she is bound to have net worth in millions.
At the moment her partner, Maddy is enjoying an annul salary of 7 million dollars while her net worth is about 20 million dollars.
Susan is maintaining her residence with her life partner and long time girlfriend in two homes. One is located in Berkshires, Western Massachusetts, which is actually a Pre Civil War Farmhouse. The other one is a West Village Apartment in the heart of New York City.
There is not much information available on her family history other than the fact that she is born in New Jersey and belongs to white ethnicity.
Currently she has no children.
She only had one serious relationship in her life and that is with her current girlfriend, Rachel Maddow. They had been living together happily for more than 18 years now.