Browsing the web on your desktop computer can be a little tiring especially if you have to go through those annoying as well as the auto-playing videos that pop up out of nowhere. As if all of this was not enough, websites also send the users pop-ups for asking their permission to send the user pop-ups in the form of the notifications. This can drive anyone crazy for sure.
Many of us have desired that there would be a way that we could prevent a website from sending us notifications. Well, guys, we have found a way which can be a simple two-minute tweaking on your favorite web browser’s settings.
For our readers today, we present to you steps on stopping the website notifications on the web browser.
Stopping notifications on Chrome
- On the top right side of the browser is a menu icon with three dots. Click on it to open the browser ‘settings’.
- Scroll down this menu and click on the option named ‘Advanced’ and then choose the subsection ‘Site Settings’ from the option named ‘Privacy & Security’
- Tap the option ‘Notification’ on the screen which appears next
- Click on the toggle that is “Ask before sending (recommended)”. Clicking this toggle will turn the color from blue to gray as well as text will be changed to “Blocked”.
Stop notifications on Firefox
- A three-line menu is located on the top right corner of the web page. Click on it to open the menu and select ‘Options” from it.
- On the left of the menu’ click on the tab “Privacy & Security”.
- Scroll down this tab and click on the “Permissions” options and then click the ‘Settings’ button located right beside ‘Notifications’.
- Check the box right that says, “Block new requests asking to allow notifications”.
Stop notifications on Safari
- Open Safari and open up the ‘Preferences’ from the menu bar located on top
- Click on the tab Websites
- Click on the menu’s left side option ‘Notifications’
- Every website that has asked the user for permission of notifications will be listed here. Users can choose to allow or deny all of them from here.
- User can also uncheck the box “Allow websites to ask for permission to send push notifications” located at the bottom of the window.