Anthony Rizzo is an American professional baseball player. He is currently first baseman and plays for the Chicago Cubs in the Major Leagues. After being selected in the sixth round of the 2011 Major League Draft, he made his “MLB” debut in the San Diego Padres in 2011. Diego Padres after the 2010 season. In 2012, he was traded back to the “Cubs”. Rizzo became the first “Chicago Cubs” player to win three RBIs in the first five games. In 2013, he signed a $ 41 million contract with the Cubs for a period of 7 years.
In the same year, he participated in the “World Baseball Classic” in Italy. In 2014, he participated in his first “All-Star Game.” He is also a three-time “All-Star”. He won the “Silver Slug Award”, “Golden Glove” and “Platinum Glove Award”. In 2016, he helped his team win their first “World Series” championship, which was a 100-year victory for the “Cubs.”
Date of Birth:-
August 8th 1989
Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Rizzo began playing baseball at “Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School” in Parkland, Florida. In the sixth round, he was selected by the “Boston Red Sox” as the “2007 Major League Baseball Trial”.
- He plans to join “Florida Atlantic University” and then be hired by the “Red Sox” to sign a $ 325,000 contract. In 2009, he hit 12 home runs for the “Red Sox.”
- In late 2010, he was traded to the “San Diego Padres” in exchange for first baseman three times “All-Star” Adrian Ganzalez (Adrian Ganzalez). Casey Kelly, Reymond Fuentes and Eric Patterson are the other players traded with Rizzo.
- He played “Tucson Padres” in “Triple A” and began his 2011 season. He was selected as an anonymous player at the “Spring Training 2011” camp.
- In May 2011, it was announced that his major league debut could be postponed. After playing 52 games with the “Tucson Padres” team, he finally received a call to participate in the majors.
- Since Roberto Alomar’s debut on the team in 1988, Rizzo has been called “the most famous so-called Padris.” He made his debut on June 9, 2011, in that game he played three times and defeated the “Washington Nationals” team. ‘
- The Padres defeated the “Washington Nationals” with a 7-3 victory. On June 11, Rizzo hit a home run off John Lannan for the first time.
- A month later, he was hit 36 times for 98 hits before being sent back to “Triple-A.” After completing 26 home runs in 93 games and 101 RBIs in the “Tucson” season, Rizzo was called up to the major leagues in September.
- At the end of the season, Rizzo only hit .141 with 46 strikeouts and 128 hits. On January 6, 2012, Rizzo was traded to the “Chicago Cubs” in exchange for Andrew Cashner and Kyung-Min Na.
- His batting average at the start of the season was 0.342, while he also had 23 home runs and 62 RBIs, ensuring his control in the minor leagues remains the same. He started with “Triple-A,” “Iowa Cubs,” but was called up by “Cubs” in June to help the struggling national defense.
- Around this time, he began to do his best. In August 1983, Mel Hall became the first rookie “Cubs” after hitting 7 home runs in July.
- He was also the first player for the “Chicago Cubs” and earned three consecutive RBI points in his first five games. After his career performance ranked him the “National League” rookie, he was also named “Rookie of the Month” in July.
- He also led the “National League” rookie with 32 hits and 17 RBIs that month. In 2013, he signed a 7-year, $ 41 million contract with the Cubs and was nominated as the team’s choice for various awards and honors.
- This season, he hit a total of 23 home runs in games at bat and scored 40 doubles 606 times, with an average batting rate of .233. In 2014, Rizzo participated in his first “All-Star Game.”
- In the 2015 season, he participated in the second “All-Star Game” and debuted in the “2015 Major League Baseball Home Run Derby.” In the first round he lost to Josh Donaldson.
- He was the only member to be hit 30 times after Don Baylor and hit his 100th home run on September 8, 2015. That year, he ranked fourth in the “NL” and “MVP” voting.
- In 2016, he started as first baseman in the “2016 All-Star Game.” He also won the votes of the majority of fans in the “National League”.
- He also led the team to the first “2016 World Series” championship since 1908. In the next season, the Cubs posted a 5-2 winning streak in 7 consecutive games. Rizzo used 10 RBIs for 12 hits on 28 shots and hit .430 on a winning streak. He was originally the “National League” first baseman in the “2017 All-Star Game.”
- He also became the third “Cubs” to hit 30 home runs, 30 doubles and 100 RBIs in three or more seasons. Unfortunately, Rizzo was placed on the disabled list in 2018 due to a back injury.
- However, he achieved his first pitch of his career on July 23, 2018, and retired A.JPollock from the “Arizona Diamondbacks.” Rizzo also participated in the 2013 World Baseball Classic in Italy prior to the “2013 MLB season.”
- Rizzo was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in April 2008. He received chemotherapy for six months. Her grandmother also suffered from breast cancer at the same time.
- In November 2018, the doctor told her that she could live a “ normal life. ” In 2012, he established a non-governmental organization called the “ Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation ” to help these families fight cancer and conduct cancer research. disease.
- Rizzo was engaged to his girlfriend Emily Vakos on June 1, 2017. When Rizzo participated in his “spring training” in 2016, the two met in Arizona.
- He is a three-time “All-Star” (2014-2016). He won the award for “Best Player of the Week” in 2014.
- He also won the 2014 “Branch Ridge Award”. He is the youngest player to accomplish this feat.
- Rizzo received the “Heart and Hustle Award” (2015), “Silver Bullet Award” (2016), “Gold Glove Award” (2016), “Platinum Glove Award” (2016) and “Roberto Clement Award” (2017)). He also won the 2016 “Best Social Media Character” award and the “Best Game: National Defense Award,” and won the Esurance MLB award.
As of this year, the net worth of Anthony Rizzo is around 27 million dollars.
Currently he has no children.
Relationships & Affairs:-
He is engaged to his girlfriend named Emily Vakos. The engagement happened back in 2017.