Klay Alexander Thompson is an American professional basketball player who played for the “Golden State Warriors” team of the NBA (National Basketball Association). This sport is full of Thompson blood. The son of the father of a basketball champion, he was introduced to the sport since he was a child. He is an athlete himself and his mother also supports Thompson’s sports career.
Before beginning his professional career, Thompson played three seasons of college basketball at “Washington State University”, where he participated twice in the complete game of the first team of the “Pac-10 Conference”. “State Warriors” became the 11th overall pick in the first round of the 2011 “NBA” draft. In his career, Thompson broke many records. He held the “NBA” regular season record, with a quarter of the most points scored and the most three points in a single playoff game. He also holds the “NBA” playoff record for the most 3s in a game. In 2015, he led the “Warriors” to win the first “NBA” championship since 1975. He and teammate Stephen Curry set an NBA record of 484 3-pointers in one season.
Klay Alexander Thompson
Date of Birth:-
February 8th 1990
Los Angeles, California, USA
- Klay Thompson participated in college basketball games at “Washington State University” (WSU) and was therefore shortlisted for “Collegehoops.net’s ‘All-Freshman Honorable Mention Team” and named in the “Pac-10 All-Freshman Team”. He averaged 12.5 points per game.
- In his second year, Thompson led the “Coog” team to participate in the “Alaska Shootout Championship.” In the championship, he set several records: After scoring the highest record of 43 points in a single game, he became the “most outstanding player” of the championship. It is the third highest score from a single game in the history of “WSU”. He became the third fastest “jaguar” to reach 1,000 points. He was selected to the “All-Pac-10 First Team” and won the honor of “Best Pac-10 Player” twice. He averaged 19.6 points this season.
- Thompson’s early basketball career blossomed as he continued to improve his game. He earned his second “All-Pac-10” first class honor and became the third “Puma”. More importantly, he became the third “Puma” to win the “Pac-10 Player of the Week.” In the 2011 “Pac-10” Championship, he set a record of 43 points and 8 triples. He finished the season with a record 733 points. Thompson became one of the unprecedented scorers in “WSU” history.
- After the junior season, Klay Thompson decided to stay in the NBA draft. Thompson was selected by the “Golden State Warriors” as the 11th overall pick. Subsequently, Thompson improved his skills in several areas, including points per game, field goal percentage, rebounds, assists, steals and turnovers. When he scored 27 points, the season-high against the “New Orleans Hornets,” he set his own record. At the end of the season, he was mentioned in the “First NBA Rookie Team”.
- He started 2013 in a happy mood. He scored 32 points, the season high, in the game against the “Cleveland Cavaliers.” He and Stephen Curry formed the best duo in “NBA” history, the duo scored 483 3-pointers, the highest duo in the NBA. In May, Thompson scored a career-high 34 points against San Antonio in a playoff game.
- In the 2013-14 season, Thompson scored 38 points, including 5 of 7 points, scoring 34 points, breaking his previous record. He and Curry scored 484 points, breaking the “NBA” record and breaking their own record. Thompson averaged 18.4 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists throughout the season.
- In January 2016, Thompson scored a season-high 45-point score against the Dallas Maverick. At the same time, he was also selected to the reserve team for the “Western Conference All-Star Game” of the “All-Star Game” 2016, and won the “All-Star Game” award for the second time in a row. In March, Thompson scored 40 points for the “Dallas Mavericks” and the “Philadelphia 76ers” twice in a row for the first time in his career. Later, he became the first player in NBA history to score at least 7 and 3 points in consecutive playoff games.
- On December 5, 2016, Thompson became the first player in NBA history to score 60 points in less than 30 minutes, thus making history. In the game against the “Indiana Pacers”, he scored 60 points in 29 minutes, thus achieving the team’s victory 142-106. His outstanding performance earned him the “Warrior’s Hall of Fame” list, alongside players like Wilt Chamberlain, Rick Barry and Joe Fulks. He signed a five-year contract on July 1, 2019, and agreed to remain in the hands of “Guerrero.”
- Thompson is also a member of the “United States National Team” and won gold medals at the “FIBA Basketball World Cup” in 2014 and at the “Rio Olympics” in 2016. Prior to this, he was a member of the “U19 National Team” that won the gold medal at the 2009 “FIBA U19 World Championship”.
- In 2015, Klay Thompson led the “Warriors” to their first “NBA Championship,” thus ending the team’s 40-year championship drought.
- He was selected to the “NBA All-Star” three times (2015-2017), and was selected to the “NBA Third Team” in 2015 and 2016.
- He holds the NBA record, which is the most points he scored in a quarter, the most points scored in a single playoff game is three points, the most points scored in a game is three points.
- Thompson’s older brother, Mychel, played in the “NBA” game of the “Cleveland Cavaliers.”
- In 2017, he donated $ 1,000 for every point he scored in his home games against the Detroit Pistons, the Toronto Raptors and the Washington Wizards. Part of the effort to raise aid funds for the Northern California Fire. ‘
In addition to getting respect and fames in the NBA Klay Thompson, has also made a huge chunk of change along the way. Klay Thompson net worth as of this year is 60 million dollars. This net worth will be updated in the coming years as the contracts for athletes’ changes as well as they get brand endorsement fees.
- Mychel Thompson
- Trayce Thompson
He has no children yet.
Relationships & Affairs:-
The name of Klay Thompson girlfriend is Laura Harrier.