Back in 2017, Amazon offered its users a new service named Key that allowed the deliveries to be placed right inside a person’s home. But some people were nervous to allow a complete stranger inside their house but still were worried to have their packages get wet in the rain outside.
In 2018, Amazon introduced another service which allows your packages to be delivered in the trunk of your cars.
As for this service’s eligibility, it is available in some selected cities and for selected car types. If anyone of you likes to have a chance at this service, there are the requirements for being eligible for this service.
- A person must be a Prime member
- They must live in supported cities
- They must have one of the following eligible cars.
- Buick Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, and Volvo models from 2015 or later
- Ford of 2017 or later model that has the FordPass Connect
- Lincoln of 2018 model or alter that have the Lincoln Connect
- Honda of 2018 model or later that have the HondaLink Remote
- Acura RDX of 2019 model or later that have the AcuraLink Remote
- As for the package, it must have the following requirements.
- Must weight over 50 pounds
- Must be larger than the dimension of 26 x 21 x 16 inches
- Will require a signature
- It comes from only a third-party seller
The first step for this service is to get sign up for the Amazon Key and the step to that are as follows.
- Go to any of the following links then download the app and install it on your smartphone.
- Amazon Key page
- Apple App Store
- Google Play Store
- Run the app and select the option “Set Up Vehicle”
- The next screen will allow the user to see if there car and location is eligible for the service.
- After that, the user will be asked to enter the information of their car. For that, user can link the connected car service plan of their vehicle to their account of Amazon.
After you are done with these steps, your car has been set up for the delivery to be placed in its trunk. Now whenever a person purchases an item from Amazon and it is eligible for the in-car delivery service in an eligible area, the user will get the option for it. The delivery window will also show the options like the same-day delivery or the 2nd day delivery.